Three medals for C&C athletes at the English Schools Championships
Conall McGinness ran a superb race in the SB 2000m steeple chase to win the gold medal at The English Schools Championships at Birmingham on the 13th July. Running for C&C in his first season for the club bettered his second place from the 2018 championships.
Alex Melloy ran smashed his PB in the IB 3000m and was rewarded with a silver medal and an England vest at next the Schools International Athletics Board(SIAB) match to be held in Swansea on the 20th July. This competition is comprised of teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and involves the top intermediate age group (u17) athletes.
Joining Alex in Swansea is Charlie Knott who like Alex won a silver medal. Charlie competed in the high jump and cleared 1.96 to secure his medal.
Other C&C results:
- Charlie Heal – JB 100m 7th in heat
- Adam Cross – SB 200m 4th in heat
- George Keen – JB 800m 5th in heat
- OJ Parmenter – IB 1500m 3rd in heat and 11th in final
- Gabriel Parmenter – JB 1500m 11th in heat
- Issac Rothwell – JB 1500m 5th in heat and 12th in final
- Nicolas Harhalakis – SB 3000m 10th (straight final)
- Shannon Flockhart – SG 3000m 7th (straight final)
- Billy White – JB Shot 7th
Maisey Snaith and Thomas Keen were also selected but did not compete as they are in GB action at the U20 European Championships from 18th – 21st July. Thomas assisted at English Schools as a team manager and flag bearer in the parade.
Steph Browne also participated in the English Schools Championships as a young official.
Congratulations to everyone involved.