Update 30th September 2021
We have moved to a first-come, first-served booking system for training sessions. We ask that you always book onto a session you intend to attend and that you de-register if you no longer wish to attend to free up space for other athletes.
England Athletics have now updated their guidance in line with the latest government guidance here.
For all athletes
Before you attend any training session for the first time, we need you to fill in the C&C Covid-19 declaration (you only need to do this once).
Book onto a session by 5pm on the day of the session (or 5pm Friday evening for the Saturday sessions).
Places at endurance training sessions can be booked in the same way as all other club training sessions. You will need a login to book a session. If you are booking a trial session then you will be asked to create an account and sign a Covid disclaimer. Follow the same steps as are outlined in the instructions below for Track & Field training.
The team of coaches is now offering training offsite on Tuesdays, and at the Wilberforce Road track Wednesday evenings (7:30pm).
You can keep in touch and find updates on the Endurance Runners Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/candcendurance/
Track and Field training during C&C sessions
Although we are now beyond government covid restrictions we have decided to retain the booking system. It allows us to limit the number of attendees at sessions in line with the national body’s requirements, it allows the coaches to get access to contact information for people on the evening and it provides a record of attendees should anyone report a Covid infection just after a session.
There is a restriction to 12 athletes per group on the track and you MUST do the following:
- Book a place for each session before 5pm on day of an evening session and 5pm Friday for a Saturday session. (the lists are closed at that time to allow our administrator to populate the coach lists of attendees)
- If are able to book a place, you are ready to go, no need to wait for a response.
- If you are unable to book, then the session is full or has not been released for booking yet.
- If you cannot attend, please unbook to free up space for someone else
- You MUST follow the C&C track rules as set out in the Covid-19 declaration (which you have signed)
If you have any queries that can’t be answered by your normal coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have a training group for running at the track, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to group together similar requests and make a slot available either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening. Please don’t just turn up as you must be booked for a session.
Remember you will need to take your own water as there is no access to drinking water at the pavilion currently.
New sessions will be added, usually a week in advance or at least when a coach has requested (and there is space).
Track and Field training at other times
It is now possible for individuals to book training slots at the athletics track using the CamUniSport app on your phone or tablet but only if you have an account with the University’s sports service. Please contact the sports service: https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/contact-us to get one.
You have three options:
- Buy full gym membership which includes Athletics track access
- Buy a track pass only at the C&C membership** price of £60/annum: https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/facilities/athletics-track
- Pay as you go at £5 per 1 hour session
** Note: You may need to prove your C&C membership which you can do as explained here on the Other Info page, University Facilities tab