Update 17th March 2021
England Athletics have now updated their guidance in line with the latest government guidance here.
Join the Endurance Runners Facebook page to join one of the training groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/candcendurance/
The team of coaches is now offering training offsite on Tuesday and Saturdays and at the Wilberforce Road track Wednesday evenings (7:30pm) and Saturday mornings (10am).
Track and Field training during C&C sessions
During the period of the Covid-19 restrictions, everyone will need to request a place at training sessions being held at Wilberforce Road track – the list of available sessions is available when you register.
There is a restriction to 12 athletes per group on the track and you MUST do the following:
- Fill in the C&C Covid-19 declaration (you only need to do this once)
- Register for each session at least 24 hours in advance (the lists are closed at that time to give coaches time to respond)
- Wait to receive a confirmation e-mail or message from the coach – if you do NOT receive a confirmation, please do not attend the track session.
- You MUST follow the C&C track rules as set out in the Covid-19 declaration (which you have signed)
If you have any queries that can’t be answered by your normal coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have a training group for running at the track, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to group together similar requests and make a slot available either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening. Please don’t just turn up as you must be registered for a session.
Remember you will need to take your own water as there is no access to drinking water at the pavilion currently.
New sessions will be added, usually a week in advance or at least when a coach has requested (and there is space).
Track and Field training at other times
It is now possible for individuals to book training slots at the athletics track using the CamUniSport app on your phone or tablet but only if you have an account with the University’s sports service. Please contact the sports service: https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/contact-us to get one.
You have three options:
- Buy full gym membership which includes Athletics track access
- Buy a track pass only at the C&C membership** price of £60/annum: https://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/facilities/athletics-track
- Pay as you go at £5 per 1 hour session
** Note: You may need to prove your C&C membership which you can do as explained here on the Other Info page, University Facilities tab