WELCOME TO CAMBRIDGE AND COLERIDGE ATHLETIC CLUB
The club’s mission is ‘to promote community participation in healthy recreation by the provision of facilities for athletics’.
- Registration with England Athletics to allow competition entry
- Free coaching and advice
- Free entry to league matches in track and field, cross-country and road running
- Reduced entry fees for some road running events
- Excellent, free training facilities at the University track plus a substantial reduction on track user cards for use outside club hours
- Free indoor training in winter at Cambridge University Sports Centre
- Services to athletes negotiated with local specialists for medical and training advice and treatment, kit etc.
- A regular newsletter
- Maybe most of all, club members to train with, compete with and enjoy each other’s company
We try to offer coaching in all the major disciplines but the club is run by volunteers and not all events are available all the time. If you are interested in a particular event, please ask about it.
PARENT OF A YOUNG ATHLETE?
If you are the parent or carer of a young athlete – aged between 11 and 14 on the next 31st of August – we run a young athlete academy on Monday evenings. All athletes and parents/carers need to go through an induction process before joining which provides a great introduction as well as important safety information.
Unfortunately we do not have facilities or resources to support young athletes before they reach Year 6 (i.e. under 11s) – however they may join the waiting list in advance.
NEW TO ATHLETICS?
If you are aged over 14 and want to join the club, firstly contact the club to describe your reasons for wanting to join – this will enable us to put you in contact with the right coaches. We will get in touch and advise as to when would be appropriate to come and see us and who to chat to to introduce you to the club.
We are happy for athletes to try a couple of sessions before becoming a member of the club, so please just get in touch.
WANT TO JOIN US?
To join the club, there is an annual individual subscription, which includes the England Athletics registration fee, access to all C&C sessions throughout the year and all supported league competitions.
Contact email@example.com if you would like more information.